Monday, September 8, 2008

It happened-she cried!

So, since we switched daycare, Abby has been particularly clingy when we leave her at the new daycare. She was fine all last week and just needed a little encouragement to let go of mommy in the morning but today, Monday, she cried and had to be pryed out of my arms in order for me to go to my internship. It was HEARTBREAKING! To make matters worse, when I got to my internship, there were some girls telling a story about a friend of a friend's 2-and-a-half year old child told mommy that the daycare lady put her in a box and hit her on the head. I know Susie is not doing this but, my imagination wonders and my motherly instinct strongly suggests, at times like these, that daycare will never be the best thing I could be doing for my Abby. The logical side of me says I'm rediculous to think about the other alternatives. I'm torn.

Being a mom with dreams of holding a respectable occupation is hard.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine how hard it must be to leave her in someone else's care. You are a good mom Julie, and doing the best you can for your little Abby! Roger and Linda were so excited to finally meet her and thought she was SO cute. :)

    ReplyDelete