Thursday, December 13, 2007

Darn near 5 months now!

It seems like just yesterday Julie and I brought Abby home from the hospital and now our baby girl is almost 5 months old. Today Abby had her 4 month check up (a little late but the doctor wanted to hold off on the vaccinations for a bit due to Abby having RSV about a month ago). We are happy to report that Abby is in perfect health and thriving. She weighs in at an astounding 16 pounds 7 ounces and is 27 inches long, neither Julie or I know where she is getting this height. While the appointment as a whole went great, there is nothing more heartbreaking then seeing your baby get their shots. The last time Julie took Abby and it was my turn on this one as Julie said she wasn't ready to watch Abby be in so much pain. At first I thought how bad can it be, but then Abby received the first of four shots and my whole outlook on it changed. She looked up at me with eyes full of tears crying and as if to say "Daddy why are you letting them do this to me, please make it stop!" Needless to say Julie and I spend the rest of day cuddling and holding her as much as we could.
Another big thing in Abby's life right now is she has begun eating rice cereal. She seems to love it and while she is only eating a small amount each day Julie and I are learning how much work and fun feeding solid food to an infant can be. Well I think that is it for now, as always here are some pictures of Abby we have taken over the past few weeks we hope you enjoy them.

3 comments:

  1. Love it!!! I love the pictures. She looks so healthy and big!!! You're right where does she get that height from??? Too funny. Congrats on reaching the solid food phase. It is a huge step!!! Wish we could see you all soon but we will get up there as soon as can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetheart!!! She has changed so much since Thanksgiving. Thanks for new pics and see you on the 22nd. Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say she is the greatest and cutest baby out there.

    ReplyDelete